What does it take to have the pods at my Convention?
Home » Con Organizers » Requirements
Power, Space, Move-in and other Requirements
The BattleTech Pods are similar to Arcade games, but take a larger footprint per unit and they work as a set. There will be a number of "pods", a "Training Station", a "Mission Review Station", a "Console" (mission control), as well as display, literature furniture, and poster easels. The set is configurable to fit various shapes and sizes, so please let us know ahead of time the prefered area measurements.
Since the size of the sets are adjustable, the information below is a general guideline. Please contact us for a confirmation on power requirements.
Each pair of pods need one paired outlet on a 20amp fuse, plus up to two more pairs for the Training Station, Mission Review Station, Console Station and Display(s).
- 4-pod set (smallest set) will need three paired outlets each on a 20 amp breaker.
- 6-pod set will need four paired outlets each on a 20 amp breaker.
- 8-pod set will need five or six paired outlets each on a 20 amp breaker (depending on displays).
Since the size of the sets are adjustable, the information below is a general guideline. Please contact us for a confirmation on space availability.
The smallest footprint is our 4-pod set (anything smaller is far less enjoyment for the participants).
- 4-pod set's smallest footprint is 32 feet by 11 feet or 352 square feet (375 square feet recommended).
- 6-pod set's footprint will be around 550 square feet.
- 8-pod set's footprint will be around 700 square feet.
These measurements do NOT accomodate space for players awaiting their turn, spectators, family and friends, or traffic lane for bypassers. This is a highly visible and visual attraction where people will gather to watch thier friends/family play or watch the gameplay even if they don't intend to play. This is an excellent attraction to place in an entrance or other areas to build traffic.
The equipment will be transported via truck or large trailer and therefore it is best to have a service entrance or dock for loading and unloading.
Most of the larger equipment are on wheels. The pods require double-width, standard commercial height (7') doorways from loading dock to the convention floor. They can fit in most service elevators as long as the elevator has a doorway height of 7 foot by at least 45 inches in width and depth of 9 foot.
The pods do not traverse stairs or steps, so let us know in advance if this is necessary.
Our intention is to create an addition to your convention that makes it profitable for your convention and for us. There are other factors that must be examined before we come to an agreement.
- The attendance of the convention must be of a size that can support the use of the pods.
- The hours of the convention must be long enough to support the use of the pods. (Our staff is capable and willing to run 24x7 if the convention can support this option.)
- The pods have to be transported and for some conventions this poses a sizable cost factor.
- Hotel costs to house the staff during transport and during the convention.
We are willing to negotiate factors so that this is a profitable event for the both of us and a memorable one for your attendees.